Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Back to the Blog!

After a long and unexplainable absence, I have returned to the blogging world. Hello! My inspiration right now is at an all time high, so I figured now would be an effective time to post some new thoughts.
My family has recently invested in a 1980 camaro. Not only is this car SUPER FREAKING AWESOME, but it has played a huge role in my inspiration lately.
My mom generally drives the camaro, and I generally get the fortunate position of her shotgun. This car, though not a convertible, has T-Tops, enabling us to let our hair flow in the breeze. This has not only been some incredible bonding time for us, but our treks through downtown Flint, up and down Saginaw Street, have once again reminded me why I love it here so much.
The looks we get from people, and the compliments we receive make us forget that supposedly, we live in one of the most dangerous cities in the US.
People are SO kind. So often, I'm left smiling like an idiot as we cruise through Flint, because of the unconditional kindness some stranger showered on us. Every single person is such a blessing.
Compliments aside, the sense of fun in this town is so great. Back to the Bricks starts tonight, so classic cars have been screaming around Flint for the past week. My favorite is seeing other fast cars on the road, and the undiscussed drag races that come from it. Both cars, just taking a minute to show off.
Plus, with all the classic cars, it's the one time a year Flint actually starts to look like it did in its golden age.
So, as Back to the Bricks begins, I must remind myself that it's about time I get back to the blog.

1 comment: