Monday, March 29, 2010

Resurrecting Flint

This week, we'll be celebrating Easter at my house. To many people, Easter means chocolate. It means getting a week off of school, and getting some fancy clothes.
And yes, I do dress up on Easter. And I do get candy. And a week off school. But most importantly, I get to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ with the people I respect more than any others: my family.
In the eyes of so many people, Flint is in the ground. They say it's hopeless, we'll never return to the state it was when it was at the top.
Funny, people said the same things about Jesus.
I'm not comparing Flint to Jesus. Heck, nobody in Flint is as perfect as Jesus was.
But people were wrong when they said Jesus would never rise again.
And they are wrong now.
Flint, one day, will be beautiful again. It's beautiful to me now. It's a beautiful mess. There's crime and sadness and broken hearts. But that's not all there is. And Flint will rise again.
May your Easter and Spring Break be filled with endless excitement and happiness.
I love you all... Every single one of you.
Have a Merry Monday.
Let it Glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment