Thursday, November 3, 2011

Strike Some Terror in Me

Picture this.
It's Halloween. I'm wearing my cousin's Goodrich jersey and some ADORABLE grey jeans. Clearly, I'm a soccer player.
Clearly.
Janelle is a cute little kitten, dressed in black with precious whiskers on her face.
And yes, we are Trick-or-Treating.
At 14.
One street away from my house.
Some complete ?.£%|%%?! comes up behind us off the street. We do not know this man.
We double our pace. He does the same.
Suddenly, he snatches Janelle's hard-earned bag of candy.
And for the first time in my entire life, I hate this city. It's foreign to me. I'm literally afraid to be outside.
All for a bag of candy.
This event made it quite difficult to remain optimistic. It called to mind every time I had defended the thieves and criminals of this town.
I suppose it was a learning experience.
I merely wish it was a lesson I didn't have to learn.
As they say, ignorance is bliss.

I'm sure you're probably thinking about how I am overreacting. I don't blame you.
However, this certainly can be noted as the first bad experience I've had in this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment