Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Of Mice and Me

My school has the best high school theatre department in Michigan, and also the world. 
We have wonderful actors, directors, tech, makeup artists.. everything. 
Which I am, unfortunately, not a part of. 
Yet. 
This weekend, they'll be showing Of Mice and Men, which I've heard is quite a tearjerker. However, you should go, even if you don't watch sad things usually, as we have, as previously stated, the most amazing theatre department in the world. 
So props to them (no pun intended) for being amazing people, as well as amazing actors. 
I'll be there Saturday, selling tickets, since I made the unintelligent mistake of not joining the cast or crew. I assure you, it will not happen again. 

I emphasize that these people are amazing for several reasons. 
  1. They are. 
  2. People need to be aware that these Broadway-esque performances are not done by divas. 
  3. They're the coolest people and deserve fame and fortune. 
  4. They make me feel better about myself and slap sense into me when I become vulnerable and insecure. 
  5. They make my day with a few words, texts, or facebooks likes. 
So there you go. Go watch "Of Mice and Men" this weekend. 
And no, I'm not in charge of advertisement for the show, either. 

Theatre is good for the soul. It's basically a proven fact. There's something about the lights, and the stage, and the accents, and the makeup. It's truly an amazing thing. 

I experienced this in 5th grade for the first time, when I saw Godspell at the same highschool I'm attending now. 
I've experienced it with the lights on Broadway, and in too many places to name. 
It's a gorgeous thing. If one doesn't allow themselves to feel the theatre, and to experience it fully, they're selling themselves short. 
I promise, even if the show is about something really sad, which this isn't necessarily, it'll bring joy to your life. 
So go see this show. 
It doesn't matter if you live in some other state. Plane rides are fun. Like theatre people. 
Brighten your own day by allowing the actors to. They'll live up to it, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment