Thursday, January 21, 2010

OMG.

Guess who I met?
No. It wasn't the Jonas Brothers. Although I do love them. <3
CHRISTOPHER PAUL CURTIS.
He can write, guys. Like, professionally. He's seriously an artist with words. Go read "Bud Not Buddy". One of my favorite books I've ever read for school. After that, I read "The Washingtons go to Birmingham".
And he's gonna read my blog.
OMG. OMG. Seriously...
He's a pro. I'm so excited. I hope he likes it.. hey its josh have a thrashin thursday.
I met him at the Flint Institute of Arts, the major art museum in Flint. It's cool there, but meeting him seriously made my whole experience. He was signing books there, and we got pictures and everything.
It was nerve-wracking to get to meet someone who I really do look up to. I loved it, seriously, but everyone who writes books I've read is a little bit of my inspiration.
Inspiration is learning, and learning eventually equals more inspiration. It's a continuous cycle that everybody who writes has a part in.
Yes. I'm in it, and Christopher Paul Curtis is in it, and so are you, if you write things people read.
Writers rule the world. They have a power nobody else has, the power to harm and destroy when they're mad, and the power to build and create when they're not.
I love writing.
And you guys.
Have a taco Thursday. (I sit next to Josh in Computers, he's the one feeding me words.)
Let it Glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment