Thursday, February 18, 2010

Praying for Bethany

Cancer has had a huge influence on many lives, mine not the least of all. Two of my grandparents have died from cancer, and people around me have had it. My favorite babysitter in the world has, as well as a little girl I know named Bethany.
Her story is an inspiring one. Today, she's three years old. Her parents used to be the childrens' pastors at our church. She has two older sisters, though neither of them are all that old.
Bethany has cancer.
She's been undergoing treatment for a couple years. Pretty much as long as she's lived, basically. But.. she's not going to be living for very much longer.
This 3-year-old baby girl has it worse than I do. There's this thing called Survivor's Guilt. I'm dealing with quite a bit of it. I've seen more of the world and things around me than she has. And yet.. She's the one going to Heaven.
It's not fair. Not at all. I really do hate it. I knew this girl. I've held her as a baby, and played with her as a toddler. I love her a lot, though I barely even know her.
It's not looking all that optimistic. Although, I always try and be an optimist...
So I'm going to ask you to pray. Pray for Bethany and her family. If we have any faith at all.. Well, there's chance of a miracle.
Pray also for Flint, and for those without shelter as the nights stay freezing.
It's not all bad. I promise.
Have a thrifty Thursday, and grab the deals while they're hot. LOL sorry. I'm not that wonderful at this anymore.
Let it Glee.

1 comment: