Sunday, November 8, 2009

The 13th Year

This week, (technically yesterday), I turned 13. Thank goodness. I'm finally done with those dramatic preteen years and get to move on to those dramatic teen years. A lot has happened, so let me fill you in:
Friday, I went dress-shopping with my dad. I got this gorgeous purple dress with layers and this sweet silver necklace. I also got fluffy black earrings from Forever 21. Getting a dress for my birthday is a tradition my father and I have, and truly one of my favorites.
Saturday morning, I rolled out of bed at like 7, unable to sleep any longer. I'm still that little 5-year-old who runs out of bed and goes downstairs to see the presents on Christmas Day. I got a CHI pro hair dryer (which I wanted) and a sweet Conair straightener which I also wanted. I also got a Webkinz, which I need so I can, one day, give my account to my children. Also: a facebook. Life is good.
A while later, my old friends from Ohio came down for my birthday and they hung out for a little while. They got me Sing It! for the wii, which I've been wanting, and also Sing It! Pop Version for the Wii, which is just a higher version. They brought extremely fabulous cake and themselves. I love them so much, they seriously rock. I miss them, and am hoping we get to get together as we always do for New Year's.
After they left, I went shopping with my mom at some of my favorite stores.
Including Middle Earth, where I got: cupcake band-aids (YES!), one of those cool head-massagers, Fudge Flies, Emergency chocolate, and a passion stone.
Yes, a passion stone. I'm a passionate person; I fight for what I want and feel for what I don't. Every emotion I have is probably tossed out of whack somehow by my passion. Oh well. After a while, you grow used to it.
Then today, I had my family party, where everybody brought presents (AMAZING PRESENTS) and Chad brought cake. Chad is my cousin, by the way. He works at this ice cream place... Brought me some ice cream cake. It was truly divine.
Thank you guys for the gifts and your support on this blog and life.
Almost forgot to mention. Last night (was it really only last night?) there was a dance. Now I'm happy. I love dances. Please connect the dots, I'm terrible at spelling it out for you. This was my first dance, by the way. So yeah. I'm extremely into them right now.
And for Flint happenings...
As usual, the Flint clean-up trucks are coming around to pick up your leaves out of the street. This is happening any day now, so rake your leaves into the street, people! Just because nobody enjoys raking snow-caked leaves.
That's all for now.
Thanks again to anyone who wished me a happy birthday, or made my day special.
That means you.
I love you all sooooo much!
Let it Glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment