Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving isn't That Hard to Do


A few people have informed me that they think facebook has overtaken my blog. I am THRILLED to inform you that this is not so. I still thoroughly plan on blogging as often as possible, however, with Christmas approaching, it’s getting busier and busier.
Yes, Christmas. I said it. CHRISTmas. Jesus is the reason for the season. I don’t know who all’s reading this right now. You may or may not all be Christians. It doesn’t matter to me from a writer-reader point of view. But it does as a Christian-nonbeliever point of view. Please, just remember: Jesus loves you more than anyone. He would die for you. And he did.
Allow me to explain the title of this post quickly and painlessly: be thankful and give what you have to those who need it. Some people really don't have enough.
As this holiday season approaches, food is certainly emphasized quite a bit. Who can blame us? We LOVE food! I love food. It’s the best thing that ever happened to me, almost. But for some, this huge emphasis on food must be like rubbing it in their faces. Some families are not as lucky. Please, donate food or money to those who truly need it. Make someone else’s Thanksgiving or Christmas special.
Speaking of which…
I’m going to talk a bit about my Thanksgiving, so if you simply don’t care, feel free to skip to the next paragraph. I’ve always seen Thanksgiving as a very depressing holiday. You see, there is no chocolate on Thanksgiving. On every holiday, there is chocolate. And none are as epic fail-y as Thanksgiving because of the lack of chocolate. So this year, I decided to do something a bit different. I’m making chocolate cheesecake for Thanksgiving! I think it’s a wonderful contribution, personally. And I am excited to make it. Fun times, fun times.
Anyway, in the days ahead, be thankful. That is, after all, what Thanksgiving’s all about.
Have a willing Wednesday.
Let it Glee. 

3 comments:

  1. HOORAY FER THE CHOCOLATE!! ;]
    see ya soon!.

    -your beastii cuzinn;]

    [BAHA!.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right because Christmas is all about Jesus. I hate how kids only think about the presents instead of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Its Katie(your sister)Great blog!!!! I love it! Its so interesting and fun to read your doing an awseome job!!! Keep on writing!!!

    ReplyDelete