Friday, November 13, 2009

Let's Light up this City

Flint has been made out to be many things, good not normally turning out to be one of them. I love it here, but still understand where people are coming from. Yes, there is crime. Yes, there is fighting and pain and killings. 
But- isn't that everywhere? 
Just because Flint has had more publicity for its crime rate, does that make it worse than all the other places?
Don't answer that. Just think it through.
People can fix Flint, if they really think there's something to be fixed. Most likely, they're the problem. I don't say things like, "OMG, the people in Flint are so terrible." Because, its about time people realized that they're not. And the ones that think we are are really the problem!!
We can light up this city. We can show people that we're not as cruel as they think we are. We can proudly say, "Yeah, I'm from Flint. And yeah. I like it there." Just make sure its true.
Something I've been living by a lot lately is "the glass is half full." If you keep a positive outlook, things you see will be positive. 
Remember that.
Sorry I didn't post at all this week, things are getting really busy.
I still love you guys, don't worry.
Have a freaky Friday.
Let it Glee.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Isi!!! its Zoe! my mom always says that i talk like the glass is half empty, but whatevs!! i don't listen to her anyways.... so... im sitting right across from you right now!!! yea. HI!!

    ReplyDelete