Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Change of Pace

Hello loves! It's been ages since I've posted anything, and I'm sorry for that! A lot has gone on in the past six months. Though I'm not sure it's necessary to write out all that has occurred in this time, I do want to highlight one life-changing experience I had at Timber Wolf Lake, while I was on work crew there this past month. I was reminded in full force of how high and deep and long and wide Jesus' love for us is. We are his favorite part of creation. I say this not to preach at you, but to remind you that you are so unbelievably gorgeous that the creator of the universe simply cannot get over it. He counts the hairs on your head in his free time.

In this line of thinking, I came home with a fire in my belly for reading the Bible. No, seriously. Let me tell you how absolutely fascinating this book can be.

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NIV)

Let's just take a second to appreciate the concept that this made it into the Bible.

So I started in Genesis the day I got home from work crew, and decided I would write down thoughts, questions, and doubts as I read. My ideas are not always profound. Sometimes they're ridiculous and I'm not sure wholly worth sharing. However, I wanted to share this all with you, in hopes that you might perhaps grow in it. I will post as often as I can, but I urge you to understand that it may not apply to Flint.

But since we're on the topic of Flint, this week is Back to the Bricks, which means that this city is hopping like never before. Let it be noted that I misplaced my brother yesterday in a crowd of people and he didn't get mugged or killed. Cheers to that. No, but in all seriousness, this city always has and continues to give me hope for the human race. It's fun to see people be unexpectedly kind in a city that reeks of a bad reputation. People are awesome.

Tomorrow I'll post my Bible journal thing, for Genesis 2-6. I'm sorry, but I didn't write one for chapter one. Feel free to follow along, I read a chapter every day!

You're amazing, and have a glorious Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I think its absolutely glorious your reading the Bible and giving insight. I look forward to reading what your thoughts are! :)-Derrick

    ReplyDelete