Monday, August 26, 2013

Genesis 14

Genesis 14
War has gone on for way too long. You would think that by now, we would have a way to stop it, and a way to communicate peacefully. I guess I'm a little bit of a flower child though, seeing as I grew up listening to John Lennon's "Give Peace a Chance." It's a great idea though, because maybe if these people followed that concept, they wouldn't have fallen into tar pits. 
Lot didn't do anything specifically that was wrong in this situation. All he was doing was hanging out by Sodom. 
We do this all the time. The excuse "well, I wasn't doing anything, I was just there!" is not unheard of. But look where it got Lot. Carried off as booty for some warmongers. The people we surround ourselves with will have an impact on us, whether we like it or not. 
Meanwhile, I imagine Abram to be living in some trees. 
However, I imagine him and his whole camp to be lounging around in enos, oddly enough. 
Which is not at all possible due to the fact that this happened so very long ago. 
Anyway, I'm amazed at Abram's response to Lot being captured. Without a moment of "haha, quarrelsome little sucker," he went out with 318 men to pursue his nephew. And then he freaking completely rescued him, just like God rescues us. 
I wonder what Lot's response was. I can't imagine not being humbled, but what can you say to properly thank Him? 
Abram's rescue of Lot completely parallels God rescuing us. 
1. Lot was living in sin, like we do. 
2. God doesn't lay in his eno and reprimand us; he gets up with his angel armies and delivers us from evil. 
3. He saves us completely - not just our souls, but our emotions, relationships, freedom, etc. 
4. We, like Lot, can never thank Him enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment