Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time to Stop Waiting

"We'll keep on waiting-waiting, waiting on the world to change."
No. We've waited long enough. I've seen the crime (okay, well, I guess one police chase doesn't count) of Flint. And the question I repeatedly come back to is "why?" Why do these problems even exist? Could it possibly be someone-other than the government's'- fault? Is there a person we came blame this on?
Well, yes. This whole thing was started by Michael Moore, thank you very much. We didn't need you to make us all look like complete bad people. (I know, great insult, isn't it?)
HOWEVER. As much as he may have exaggerated, we still do have problems. I'll be the first to admit it. Hey, I have lots of problems of my own. And when people have problems, it normally adds up to bigger problems. As in being somewhere around the third highest crime rate in the world, or something like that.

Time to get off the couch and start making a change. We've spent too much time doing absolutely nothing. I don't mean hold rallies for peace and things like that (though if you want to do that, it'd be so fun. Count me in). Just make a difference in one person's day. A smile now and then. "Hey, what's up?" That sort of stuff. Making others happy makes you a happier person in the long run. Take it from someone who knows.
I'm updating from English class right now. And so I'm giving shoutouts to people in my class.

Shoutout to: Ron, Lily, Tyrone, Casey, Josh, Tahirah, Charbrielle, Taylor, and anybody I missed that wants one. Let me know. We'll see.
Don't fake your way through life. Live. Don't Forget.
And Josh says that you all need to listen to Guns & Roses.
Let it Glee.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. Thanks Isi. What is the latest novel you are working on? Thanks for the shout-out. I think it would be cool to start a blog. How was being on t.v. So many questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isi. Would you know if my name was Ron? Please answer in your next bloggy thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isi how did you do on your english paper? I finally finished it in English. What do you think my parents would say if I asked them if I could have a blog?
    Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. why won't you approve mine? why are you laughing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casey Says hi Thanks for the shotout

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love I Gotta Feeling By the Black Eyed Peas

    ReplyDelete